Waterland Associates Ltd are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We recognise our obligations in ensuring that our systems meet the demands of GDPR.
Waterland Associates Ltd are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of the new Regulation.
This policy details how we use the information we collect from our clients, how it is processed and how you can request changes.
What data are we holding?
Waterland Associates Ltd has carried out an audit of the data it holds on all clients in order to clarify what information we hold, how it was obtained and for what purpose. We will only process your information when it is related to our relationship with you. This may include:
- contact details including email, phone numbers and address details
- your job title and details of existing relationship with us
- marketing preferences
- records of previous communications and transactions
What is the legal basis for Waterland Associates Ltd processing your data?
The new GDPR rules state that we must tell you how we use your data. In this instance we are processing your data for the purpose of:
- maintaining our existing business or commercial relationship with you
- to foster new relationships with you in the future
- to know not to contact you if you inform us that you no longer wish for us to do so
How we use this data
- To maintain direct communications with you as a named individual or your company
- With prior consent from you, your information may be shared with our agents and subcontractors to provide you with our services
- To inform you of relevant news and information that you would expect to receive from us
- We will not share, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless requested to do so by law.
How we manage and store your data
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), of which we are a member, recommends that we keep this information from initial contact through to the end of the limitation period (6 to 12 years post contract/practical completion) and any limitation extension. All data is stored and managed securely within the Waterland Associates Ltd network in line with standard security measures.
Your data protection rights
Under GDPR you have a range of rights. These include (but are not limited to):
- the right to be informed about how we use your data
- the right of access to your data
- the right to have personal data rectified so that it is accurate
- the right to have your data erased (under certain circumstances)
- the right to object to or restrict how we use your data
From time to time we would like to send you news bulletins via email. You will always have the option to opt out of these communications however we will continue to process your data to ensure we can manage your preferences effectively and maintain our existing relationship with you.
Waterland Associates Ltd
The Hidden Barn
81a West Street
Tel: 01832 777088